Thursday, December 31, 2009

Falling With Style

So Ethan got a package in the mail today. Something came a bit late for Christmas. The package was torn & had been rained on, but it didn't matter to him how it arrived. He was just thrilled to open the package and see what was inside.

That's how I feel about this new year. Am I super lame? I ask this as I lay in bed at 11:30 on New Year's Eve, watching Fox News, as I post. Lame, maybe. But who cares how this year arrives? I am just excited to rip it open and see what's inside, or in store for me. For my family. For my boys. The list goes on.

Well Ethan got Buzz Lightyear's Falling with Style. A hotwheels race track that flips Buzz and sends him soaring off the ramp. The title is from the movie Toy Story when Buzz insists that he can fly and Woody knows better. Woody tells him, "That's not flying, that's falling with style."

That is my hope for this new year. I know God has a lot in store. I want to grow closer to loving Him with ALL my heart. I hope to love Jason more fully & selflessly. I hope to grow in patience when training my boys. I want to manage our money better. I would like to make exercise a habit, one I enjoy. Jason & I plan to read the Bible thru in the year. I want to keep my desk at work organized. I hope to travel somewhere new. OK, these are getting silly but you get the idea.

Well, I know I am not perfect. I cannot fly. Yet I will attempt and I sure hope I can "fall (or fail) with style" this year!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment